Which is better Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers?

I have always wondered.

TexasWife

Asked by TexasWife at 7:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I would go with Jenny Craig! I went to weight watchers and paid for membership and then I had to have wisdom teeth removed and it took almost 2 weeks to heal (not a good story) the send me a post card that says I was kicked out becasue I missed 2 meetings and I will have to repay for my membership if I want to go back! So, that is my experience.
    insanemom3

Answer by insanemom3 at 7:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have never used Jenny Craig before but several years ago I used Weight Watchers. I'm sure it's changed a lot since I used it but it was very helpful. I lost about 80 lbs with it.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I've done both and they are essentially the same thing. Smaller portion sizes. The difference is that JC is more expensive but it's easier b/c they supply all the food for you. WW is less expensive but you have to work harder to prepare your own food.

In some ways. I liked that all I had to do was open a package in the JC program. Oh, wait, I did have to make a salad or veggies to go along with their entrees. The one thing I didn't like was when my family was eating "normal" meals and I had to eat something out of a box. Yuck.

But WW was kind of hard b/c you had to think about food ALL THE TIME. But it is cheaper and you do lose weight.

I think it depends on your circumstances as to which is better. If you have the money to do it, JC works. But if not, WW works as long as your willing to work, too.

HealthyMom62

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 7:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think Jenny Craig is their own packaged food. You would still have to cook for your family, so I would prefer WW. They teach you how to eat real food by making smarter choices.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• WW is better. You learn to eat better. JC is eat their expensive crap food. WW you can eat real food and tons of it and still eat McDonalds if need be.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:27 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• WW is a LOT cheaper. Jenny Craig would cost me twice as much for my food alone as I spend for groceries for my family of 3 in a month. You're taught portion control, and you are the one in control. If you would rather have more of something, and less of another, then you're fine with that. I love cooking and I wouldn't want to give up being able to prepare my favorite foods in order to lose weight with a temporary diet. Diets don't work- this has been proven many times. Learning a livable way to eat works. Eating out isn't impossible, either. You're given points based on your age, height, current weight, and activity level. Your points gradually go down as you lose weight so that you're getting an adequate number of calories per day for health and weight loss. When you are at your goal, you're given more in order to stop losing, but not gain everything back. Meeting members then get free membership for life at goal.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I've never tried Jenny Craig, but I did try WW, and I was very satisfied with the results overall. I lost 37 lbs, from 5'0 at 187 lbs to 150 in a bit under a year. I am glad I took it off slowly. It made me realize the need to pay attention to what I am putting in my mouth. I have not gotten to my goal yet, but I'm still a work in progress. My attitude toward weight also changed. I used to stress myself out and put too much pressure on myself. This time, I made up in my mind that by the time I turned 40, which was last October, I wanted to see "Progress." and that's all. Once I took the pressure off myself to get to a sprecific number, I felt like I was able to achieve something. I don't like feeling tied down to someone else's menu. So I like being able to eat home cooked meals in proper amounts. That works for me.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 12:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• me too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• whichever one you will actually follow - it is different for each person
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2010