how do i get rid of hiccups-infant

betsydpena

Asked by betsydpena at 4:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can use gripe water to help get rid of them.
    Anonymous

• gripe water works wonderfully... but you can also try some water.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You SHOULD NOT use gripe water. It is the same thing as gas drops and that will not help relieve hiccups. If you don't believe me buy both and look at the ingredients, they are the same. Just give them a little bit of water. Depending on the age is how much you give them, if they are really young then not much at all just enough to make the hiccups go away.
    pookie_1228

Answer by pookie_1228 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• A friend of mine uses gripe water and I've actually seen it work immediately!
    amyslmy27

Answer by amyslmy27 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I use a little bit of suger water for Kortana. Just enough to stop the hiccups though. And i only had like 1/2 a teaspoon of suger to about 2 oz of water.
    KortanasMommy

Answer by KortanasMommy at 6:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Hiccups are normal for most babies. My mother-in-law just told me to put my lil ones chest against mine to warm her up and it should take it away. It actually worked.
    BabyAdalys

Answer by BabyAdalys at 7:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• gripe water does work and is all natural which the mylicon gas drops arent.
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• my dd had hiccups all the time, just let them go thru it, its not painful for them.
    peachay05

Answer by peachay05 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I have 5 kids. They all had hiccups as babies. It's normal and not at all harmful or something you should try to stop or alleiviate. Just ignore them, they go away on their own. Babies don't mind them like adults do. Relax and enjoy your little one! Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2008