Prenatal Care question

Do you generally have an untrasound at the first appointment? I can't remember...

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 7:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Depends on how far along you are. I want to say yes, because here they don't have you come in for your first appointment until you are so many weeks along already ! Then they do one to give you a due date!
    insanemom3

Answer by insanemom3 at 7:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That's kind of what I thought. I'll be 8 1/2 wks to 9wks when I go in..and the baby's heart should be beating now...so I am anxious to hear it.
    BisketLiss

Comment by BisketLiss (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It depends on how far along you are. If your not sure then they usually do a ultrasound and use the size of the baby to determine how far you are. Otherwise they may not do it till 18-20 weeks unless there's a issue or something.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I did. I think it has to do with your type of insurance coverage and your Dr's preference.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i jus had a check up n met the doc n had a pap smer n exams.....then i scheduled for an u/s n came back a few days later to have it n i thought i was 9 weeks but baby measured 7
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 10:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah, they generally do so that they can get a good idea of your due date, and to check the heart. It's pretty magical! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2010