She's not sorry she did it 0 she's sorry she got caught....

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/cat-cruelty/#clip340424

Caught on tape throwing affectionate cat into garbage can. They need to dig this bitch's yard up and check her chest freezer.... I'm betting this isn't the first time she's done something vile to an animal. You know what they say about serial killers....

Do you consider this incident an act of animal cruelty? If not what would you call it? Should she be charged? I am interested in the opinions of CM members on either side of this topic.

StRita

Asked by StRita at 8:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pets

• It is animal cruelty, IMO, because she lured the cat to her. She petted it and looked around to see if anyone was watching her. I don't know about being charged because the cat was fine and she is getting so much backlash from the video that she needed police protection. I think she is being punished.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I doubt that she's a serial pet killer, though I do beleive that she should be charged with animal cruelty.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• that's weird. I mean, the cat is probably fine, i think it's very mean & i do think that she must have something wrong with her. But, it's not like she skinned it alive ot anything. There is far worse as far as animal cruelty goes. Glad she was caught on tape. Wonder what the hell was going through her head at that moment.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:12 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Really sad to say the least. Def. heartless but heartless doesnt make you a seriel kiiler.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Maybe the cat shit in her yard.... she probably thought that they would find it sooner...
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 8:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes cruel
    yes should be tried in court
    no jail time, too crowded, need space for violent people
    should be forced to do community service
    maybe work at animal shelter
    or pick up garbabe along highway
    something like that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• This is ridiculous. This is a CAT we are talking about, right? Sje is embarassed and people hate her, she is punished enough. Why does she get hated, because she was caught on video. Why is not someone who beats their kids? Leaves their kids in the car? We should be publically humiliating someone who did something a little more serious. Bleeding hearts should bleed for PEOPLE first. Sure, it was terrible, and she is obviously awful. However, the cat was fine and we need to move on. I am sick of hearing about it. It is like mowing your grass when your house is on fire. Geez...children are starving and people are becoming sex slaves. MOVE ON
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 9:02 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Omg I didn't say she was a serial pet killer....if you know anything about SERIAL KILLERS in general they usually START OFF killing small animals, neighbour's housepets, small wildlife. Once practiced enough on them they will move onto people...children...etc.

I obviously got a lot of replies from folks who missed that boat. Sorry I wasted everyone's time.
    StRita

Comment by StRita (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010