Why is it so wrong in your opinion?

Alveda King will be a key note speaker at Becks restoring honor rally. She believes her uncle would be right there with her if he were alive.
Why are you so against this being done on this date? Maybe, just maybe it's your hate for Beck. Pretty hypocritical isn't it?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think it's wrong. Beck is using the anniversary of an historic date to, as he says, "restore honor"--as MLK did in HIS historic speech.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 8:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't have a problem with it. More power to them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Everyone is entitled to free speech, no matter how worthless their speech may be. Why would there be a problem with it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It isn't wrong.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't have a problem with it.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I didn't complain about it, nor am I "against" it. He can do whatever. I think he's an idiot, so I will not be attending.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm confused this is protesting the mosque right. Or just Muslims. Either way I am sure MLK is turning in his grave.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think it's just a tit for tat ratings/media/attention stunt for GB, but it's certainly his right in the US of A. He's seizing the moment as any opportunistic journalistic has been taught.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It's not hypocritical to think Beck is an idiot, it's an opinion. This is a slap in the face to the civil rights movement. Beck is not even close for unity. He makes his millions off of pitting people against each other. What does Mlk son say about this, and other family members? Of course they can find one family member and try to say he is doing this for a good cause. I love the part where they had to tell people no signs. Laughable. Trying to show the world what they stand for. If they were aloud to bring their signs we would really know. Good cover up.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Mommom... You are, well, the nicest thing i can think of is shameful. I'll leave it at that even though there is so much more. You have taken over the *itch woman top spot on Cafemom P&C Events
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2010