• In the Spotlight:

where to put the new baby??

ok i have a 2 yr old boy and we are having another boy due in feb my ? is where do i put the baby in our room until he sleeps all night or in with his brother right away, what did u do or what would u do if u where in my sitiuation,(we live in a 2 bedroom house)

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 4:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I always kept newborns in our room in a bassinette for the first 4-8 weeks. After that, they were in the crib in another room. My oldest son woke up...once maybe when his brother cried and then went back to sleep. it is amazing how much they can sleep through.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would put the baby with me until he slept thru the night you lil buy needs his sleep and you know how much a baby wakes up at night
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i have a 2yr old and a 9m old then i will have a new baby in dec. the 2 youngest are girls. We live in a 3 br house. We are going to put th new baby with us until she is 4m then we are moving her in with her sister.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• we are having the baby sleep in our room in a basinett until a sleep patern emerges - then she will be in the room with her older (3yrs old) sister.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It really depends on what you're comfortable with. I kept my kids in my room till they were too big for the cradle or bassinet (about 8-10 weeks) Then they went into the "kids" room. The only one I didn't do that with is my oldest. He slept in the crib the night I brought him home. He's the one that woke up the most too! ;)
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Keep the baby in your room in a bassinet tell he is able to sleep through the night so he doest disturb your other son!
    Kristine1107

Answer by Kristine1107 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Our 3rd baby is due in 10weeks. I will keep her in our bedroom until she sleep thru the night then she will move into a room with her sister. I think she will stay will us for at least 4 or 5 months.
    lilnivy

Answer by lilnivy at 6:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• we also have a two bedroom with three boys. Moved the oldest one in at the age of one. Not been a night sleeper.. Whe dont know where to put the 4th lol any suggestions
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would keep the baby in the room with me as long as possible, its not fair for little kids to have to hear the crying and get woken up, but once the baby sleeps most of the night u can try to get the older boy to get used to the sound and try to teach him to sleep thru it
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• with me until he slept through the night. to me it is just eaiser to it that way.
    MedStudentMom08

Answer by MedStudentMom08 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2008