Was just watching supernanny and...

I found this method to put my kid to bed! She's 16 months old, and has been cosleeping forever (even though she's always had her own crib and I've tried a million times to get her to sleep there). Well, she's huge! And our bed is a full sized... my Dh went to sleep on the couch last night because she took his spot! So, I finally decided, no more! I started with nap today in her toddler bed (just a crib converted) and I used this method.

Go through her routine like normal, then place her in bed and say good night. The first time she gets out of bed, say "it's bedtime" and place her back in bed. Then if she gets out again.. and again, you don't say anything, just put her back into bed. She hardly cried, but she did eventually go to sleep in her bed! I'm so excited!

I hope she does this well at night. It took her less than 30 min to go to sleep and she was up til 3pm yesterday for nap because she didn't want to sleep!

Mom2unangel

Asked by Mom2unangel at 8:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I love Supernanny! She gives so many useful, AND effective, techniques. Good for you! You might be able to snuggle up and spoon your honey before the week is out! ;-)
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think it works so well because she spends so much energy climbing out of bed, that it takes it's toll and she falls asleep! I love it!
    Mom2unangel

Comment by Mom2unangel (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Super Nanny's methods do work...if you stick to them exactly and stay consistent. YaY for you though. LOL Good Luck.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Good job!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That's great! I don't agree with her on everything, but she has a lot of good methods that do work.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 8:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That is awesome, what a relief for you, huh?
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• they do work u gotta stick to them tho evry night not just when u feel like it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• =) Good!!!!
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We did that with both of our girls when they went through their climbing out of bed phase. The first couple days were the hardest, but after about a week, no more getting out of bed! Glad it worked for you too!!
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Don't you just love Supernanny!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2010