My daughter is 7 months and is still eatting every four hours, is this normal for a 7 month old baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had the same problem with my son.... well he was 6 months and was eating every 4 hours... i talked to my doctor and she said that in time he will eat more and less often. that was about 3 weeks ago. now he is eating about every 5-6 hours and is eating 8 oz. it will take time, but she will start eating less often
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My DD eats about every 5 hours and he is nearly 8 months old. She doesn't eat during the night, just 4 times during the time she is awake during the day. She usually eats a 6 oz bottle and a tub of the 2nd foods fruit for breakfast, then 6 oz bottle and some cereal at lunch, then 6 oz bottle around 4pm, then right before bed, we do a 6oz bottle and a tub of 2nd food veggies.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It depends on a lot of different things. Are you FF or BF? About how many oz. is LO drinking? Is your LO eating solids yet? If you are BF you may not be producing enough to fill LO up all the way. If FF try upping the amount per bottle. Keep in mind all babies are different and lots of things are "normal."
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My 9 month old did that too, and sure enough as soon as he was eating more solids, he's slowed down. I feed him breakfast at about 7, lunch at 11 and he has a bottle mid afternoon and then dinner with us. It won't be like that forever!
    mysue

Answer by mysue at 5:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It is normal. Babies establish their own eating habits and you sometimes have to follow their lead as far as getting them on a schedule.
    pookie_1228

Answer by pookie_1228 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008