How many years of college

Do you need to become a nurse, if you went to a tech school for nursing (if that even matters) In the state Pennsylvania.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'm not in Pa but it's basically the same everywhere. I'm in community college now to be an RN. The nursing program itself is 2 years. There are prerequisite classes you need to get it to the program. These can take up to 2 years full time to get those. There are tech schools here where you can get your RN in 2 or 2.5 years, but when you go to get your BA, their credits don't transfer to the university here. Check with local colleges in your area. You should be able to get all the info you need about their programs on their websites. 2 years would be the fastest to get an RN. Also if your planning on furthering your education with a BA, make sure about the accreditation of the school you get your RN from to make sure their credits transfer.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• As MisAlisabeth said, the actual program is usually 2 years, you may have a couple of years of prerequisites also. A lot of places pay more for a BSN which takes 4 years total including the 2-year nursing program. Look into both.
    Anonymous

• I am trying to enter the program I am in my 2nd semester and still can not enter the program..I have to have math 253 to enter the program also I need 57 points on a point scale to enter..the program so I have about 1.5 more years to enter and then program is 2 years. So I figure to graduate it will be 3.5-4.5 years to graduate just check with your local college.

BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2008