my dh and i are having a disagreement on what to piant the crib

we have one from my daughter and its brown and i want to paint it white and he wants to paint it black. we are waiting to find out the sex til he/she is born and want it to be nuetral and both those colors will work but what would you do

babykins362003

Asked by babykins362003 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• wait... white for boy black for girl
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would agree with you on the white, the black i think seems too dark for a babys room, honestly my favorite color crib is a light wood color.
    SammiTaylorTM

Answer by SammiTaylorTM at 4:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would never paint a crib black. Babies grow and if any of mine are a portion of normal at some point a diaper comes off in little hands and poo get all over. Everyone of my children and grandchildren have done this at least once. If it is black that makes it very difficult to see where it is soiled and leaves a health risk...IMO
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would say - it depends on the color of the crib sheets - if they are going to be vibrant i would say black so that they pop - and if the sheets are going to be traditional i would say whit so the black doesnt overwhealm them
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would tell him that since you are the one carrying this child and are going to spend hours in labor that you win on this debate. :op
    GOOD LUCK DOLL!
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i love the color black, it's one of my favorite colors..but for a crib, that's a little dark..i Personally wouldn't do it..and white just get's dirty too easy.. you both need to come to an agreement..this is both your child maybe a color between the black and white contrast.. i would go with what kind of crib bedding you get.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i think any color is neutral on a crib. i bought a white crib and changing table and i am hoping to get the baby's dresser drawers painted white. i did it all before i knew what i was having and im having a boy but i love the way white looks its so clean and pretty its just furniture it'll go either way for both genders
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i like white cribs because they go so well with all your color ideas as time goes by.
    http://www.sewdarnbusy.com

Jenny
    anotherjen

Answer by anotherjen at 11:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2008