What do you think of this name Catherine Rae

Emilymommie1988

Asked by Emilymommie1988 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Baby Names

• Kinda old fashioned...don't really like it
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I like the middle name Rae ALOT. I like Catherine, but not Cathy (if that is what you are wanting to shorten it to). But if you are picking out a name for a baby, do what you like best!
    smushy79

Answer by smushy79 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I love it....traditional and classy, yet the middle name is edgy, but not over-the-top. Easy to nickname out, but when she's older and CEO of a big corporation, her name will reflect her maturity. Beautifully chosen.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• How about Catherina or Katerina?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sounds pretty together
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:12 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• isn't that an actress' name too?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I like it alot ! one mom above mentioned she thought it was old-fashioned.....but I like that the older names are coming back...it's classy and kinda unique now-a-days.... i also went with older names...violet, phillip and maryanne are my three....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I really like it. I like the traditional sounding and looks of the first name. I like longer first names like that .
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Catherine Rae is a lovely name that will age well with your daughter. She can have a cute nickname like Cait or Cate when she is a child and then have a strong classy name -- Catherine -- when she is an adult.

Unfortunately in our society there is still a glass ceiling for women in the work place. Giving our daughters fluffy - silly names only impedes them more.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I love it! Beautiful!
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2010