Mainly a vent!!!!! Mothers...ugggg....

lately my mother and I have been having a hard time talking.

Today I am telling her about talking to an old friend of FB about a baby name....I tell her that I told the friend that we were thinking about using Crimson for a middle name....but Kevin (dh) decided he didnt like it....so.....INTERRUPTION BY MY MOTHER.....she says "I dont like it either,...and let me tell ya why...."

UGGGGG First she cuts off my story to interject about how much she hates the name we have decided we DONT want to use....!!!!!!

So I said....MOTHER....let me finish my story...we decided we ARE NOT using that name....I dont need to hear why you hate it...."

She says "you are so mean to me sometimes"

UGGGGGGG!!!!! ITS ALL ME....YOU COULDN'T POSSIBLY DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!!

Would this be frusterating to you? I told my dad that its like she acts as if she is 1/3 of the naming committee, cont....

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 9:12 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• an equal member of the naming team that includes my dh and me of course.

She has no idea that she is completely stopping my story to interject her own.....then she tells me I dont know how a conversation is suppose to go....back and forth....

YES I get that...but you usually let the other person finish before you start!!!

UGGGGG THANK YOU for letting me vent this morning!!!
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had to tell my mother that I could only talk to her through emails when I was emotional while I was pregnant. My mom and I have a good relationship but I was feeling that she didn't approve of anything I was doing and was getting really down over it. She was hurt that I felt that way and refused to take her calls, but once I was ok emotionally I called her and explained what I was going through and she understood. You can just apologize to your mom and say that you're very emotional right now and need a break.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 9:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm so sorry. My mom does things like that to me as well, it's frustrating.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• um, ok.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes, that would be frustrating.....My mom's not that bad, but i did find whenever I would try to tell her about something i was excited about, she would try to find something to knock it down....so one day i said to her...Mom, can we just be friends, without you having to be a mom all the time ? lol and she's been so much better since ! it's been nice !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I totally get your frustration. My Mom drove me insane when I was preggo. I wanted to beat her with a flip flop most of the time. Then I started thinking about it from a different perspective. Your Mom is probably dealing with the difficulty of her baby (you) not needing her anymore. Not that she didn't deal with that when you moved out, etc, she's just dealing with it all over again. She wants to help you and be needed, forgetting how frustrating it is to be on the other end of all of that unsolicited advice. I got very good at my Bobble-Head impersonation when my Mom started doing that. Then I would do whatever I wanted. Sometimes her advice was great, but some of it was ridiculous. The point is that she means well, she's just going about it in an infuriating way. Next time she does it, hear her out and then say "As I was saying before you interrupted..." She'll get the point, eventually...maybe. LOL Hang in there!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• im sorry i know how bad that can be i remember with my second son we had no idea on what to name him and everytime i would have somethign that would be a maybe they would ask me and then give so many excuses on why not that name. so eventually i got so mad at everyone i was like forget it everytime they woudl ask me how i was going to name the baby or how the search was going i would just say, the day he is born is when we will name him. everyone would say i was rude but i mean the nae is somethign hubby and i would pick not us and the whole world. so nobody knew until the aby was born and the paprs were sign. everyone was asking me when i was in labor but no no answer until baby was here
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010