How to sooth a sore throat.

I can't seem to shake this bug, it's now moved into a cold with a serious sore throat. I've tried salt water, cough drops, throat spray and they all only give momentary relief! HELP, it feels like I'm swallowing razor blades!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 9:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Health

• I enjoy taking a blazing hot shower to clear out my sinuses while eating wal-marts great value brand dill pickle spears...it totally soothes my throat! ;)

Other than that the real fruit popsicles help too.

Get better soon...so sorry you are not feeling well.

Hugs and cuddles XD

chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 12:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• cough drop helps, throat spray helps, tea with honey
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If its really bad...it could be strep and you may need antibiotics...have you seen the Dr? Strep can be serious if not treated.

No fever? Aches?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Go see a doctor if it's that bad you need to know what it is. Could be anything from a serious sinus infection to cancer.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Chai tea works for me but ya, you may need to see the doc - weird strep usually is a winter ailment but lately it seems people are getting all the time- my family and I had it in the spring :(
    Steffy1099

Answer by Steffy1099 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• sounds like strep.........can you see white patches in your throat or back of your tongue? If possible go to the doctors, strep doesnt just go away......it gets worse and you dont want to pass it on to your kids
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'd guess you need a throat culture for possible strep too. Sometimes it's around in the summer and you don't have to have a fever to have it.
    For sore throats I like hot black tea and sucking on sugar free peppermint or wintergreen Lifesavers. Popsicicles might feel good too.
    mjjn

Answer by mjjn at 9:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Do you have allergies? There are a lot of weeds and grasses pollenating right now that are giving my allergies a kick in the pants. I've had a sore throat for a week, one day it would seem better, then next day worse, and just back and forth. I finally went to the dr and it turns out that I have a blocked Eustachian tube in my ear that was causing the sore throat, all from the allergy related stuffiness. UGH!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Check with a doctor first. After that, honey and lemon helps- mix a little lemon with some honey and eat a half spoonful at a time. Also sometimes sore throats can be the result of post nasal drip, and a netipot can help with clearing out the stuff that drips germs onto your throat. You can get them in a grocery store or drug store. You mix the packets of salt and baking soda with some warm water, in the little pot, and tilt your head over the sink and pour the liquid into one nostril and let it pour out the other nostril, then reverse. It is not unpleasant. I have also sniffed up salt water and spit it out, but the netipot is easier.

Answer by Bmat at 9:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Gargle with warm salt water. About a fourth of a teaspoon to one cup of warm water. If it persists go to doctor.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2010