You can not afford food, but you have money for beers.

I really hate to spend my hard earn tax money on other people food. I went to the store yesterday and this is what i seen. One big heavy tattoo women 2 frozen box of pizzas and potato chip. really? like you need that,. another tattoo family using WIC and buying beer. you can afford tattoo and not food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My fav is the meth heads who get food stamps.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• She could have received the tattoos before she fell on hard times, you know? I don't judge anyone using WIC/Food Stamps, I figure that they wouldn't be on them if they didn't need them. I know that people abuse the system, but I also know that there are many others who truly need the help. It's not my place to determine which category anyone falls into.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:40 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• idk why, but suddenly the lyrics 'its the nature of the business, its the smuggler's blues.' just came to mind.

maybe the woman, with hormonal disorder, had a friend tat-artist and it was all free? maybe the WIC family was buying beer for someone else, with someone else's money??
    you're gonna get crucified, OP.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Grow some balls.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If you know the tattoos are being inked while they are on food stamps that is one thing. They may have been created a long time ago when money was better for the family. They may also have been free or close to it if they knew the artist. Just because a family has tats doesn't mean they don't work or they are taking advantage of the system.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• They could have had the tattoos for years before they needed assistance or they could have been at home jailhouse style tattoos. lol
    HadleyAzure

Answer by HadleyAzure at 9:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with this somewhat. Honestly, wic is there to help, and i see nothing wrong with being on it even if you have no problems buying food. But at the same time, I see my own family members blowing money on stuff like tattoos and alcohol... then getting assistance cuz they really don't have money left for food. I think it's sad how some people manage money and I have even turned people down that were asking for loans because they just blew all their money on worthless shit. Hopefully it gives them some responsibility for their actions. I hate to see the children suffering for an adults mistake though...
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 9:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well, technically YOU aren't spending the money on anything. Your tax dollars are going to the govt. where they will appropriate that money to different programs. They (people on PA) are spending the money that you gave the govt.

The way I look at it is this. It's none of my business what other people put in their shopping carts and it's also none of my business how they pay for what they buy. If I don't want the govt. to decide what I can buy with my own money, I certainly can't apply a different standard to someone that is using public assistance. There should be (and maybe there are) programs for people on assistance to teach them healthier eating habits and how to make their PA dollars stretch further. But in the end, I am not responsible for taking care of anyone else but my own family's needs.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Was it that same lady with the Escalade, fake nails, gold jewelry and a food stamp card large enough to be seen from the meat department that seems to show up at every grocery store in the country on the same day and then gets reported here about every six weeks?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You could be in the same shoes in years too come so don't judge people.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2010