im 39 weeks pregnant can i demand to be induced for the following reasons

i havnt slept in over a week due to having chest pains which shoots down into my spine and effects my legs.( making them feel like im gnna drop.)

ive had really bad headaches.

i cant hardly walk due to the pressure pains i mean ive had them bad but these are just unbearable i have to ask my partner to take me to the toilet .

so neitha ofus are getting any sleep.

ive also been having crampy tightning pains in my stomach but there not labour pains as they come and go.

ive had enuf now i know i should suck it up and get on with it as 7 more days . but im feeling tired ,cranky , hormaonal (crying all the time) due to lack of sleep.

i just want to know if i can demand for them to induce me as the chestpains are getting unbearable sometimes take my breath away.

lura1990

Asked by lura1990 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to talk to your doctor. He/she may induce you, but honestly, the best thing is to have the baby come when it's time. I'm sorry you're hurting.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• have you not told your doc about this? if your baby is healthy, and he/she sees nothing amiss, i don't know why they wouldn't. women schedule things like this all the time, for reasons of convenience, other than crabbiness and insomnia.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• ive told my midwife about chest pains she says if it gets any worse phone an ambulance ive tried phoning her today but she away on holiday i havnt yetasked her to be induced im going to take a trip up the hospital soon to see what they say as i didnt think chest pains were anythink to do with pregnancy even the midwife admited that. baby is measuring a lovly 7 pound as is healthy . its just me thats sufering . i just will feel silly asking or demanding tobe induced i wanted a water birth and had my hopes set but the pains have got really bad.
    lura1990

Comment by lura1990 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you can demand whatever you want, but the doctor is going to make the safest decision for you and the baby in the end, regardless what you want. She/He's the one with the experience and training. Your almost there, just hang in there :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• None of those sound like viable reasons to me... but I'm against medical birth. Which includes unnecessary induction. That should be reserved for when mother or child are in grave danger.

I understand your discomfort, and even the chest pains (it usually comes from pressure against your diaphragm- some women even experience exacerbated effects from it which result in anxiety attacks.)... You're not describing anything that some or all of us haven't experienced.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• When I was prego with #2 I started having problems with sleeping, lots of weight gain and a few other things so I went to my dr and asked if he would go ahead and induce me cause I was misserable and he said he would cause it's kinda pointless to keep the baby in for the last 2 weeks cause that's when all kinds of "bad" things happen, such as lots of weight gain, health problems for the mom, headaches....etc
    anyways if I was you I would ask the dr about going ahead and inducing you
    stewieswife

Answer by stewieswife at 9:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• So you're doing this, because you think you're going to get MORE sleep once the baby comes? Well, it couldn't hurt to ask. Good luck and hopefully she makes her entrance soon.
    MammaRed

Answer by MammaRed at 9:59 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you can't ever demand to be induced, that has to be a doctor's/midwife's decision. if you are concerned about the chest pains, you should probably get a 2nd opinion. everything but that sounds like normal 9 months pregnant stuff but i don't know about the chest pains. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My doctor induced me at 38 weeks with my DD because of preeclampsia. My SIL had the same doctor and she begged him to induce her because of headaches, hemrroids and too much pressure......he told her no. He told her that the baby was better off inside till it's ready to come out. He also told her that being pregnant is not easy for most women and that she was going to have to "deal with it" until that baby was ready to come out.

It depends on the doctor, a lot won't induce unless the baby or mother are at risk. As for the chest pains, you should see a doctor about that.......normally that doesn't go with pregnancy.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• the chest pains and head aches I think need to be looked at by a doctor. headaches can be a sign of pre eclampsia which yes they would induce you for at this point to solve the issue. If not medically necessary I would say no don't get induced. It may not work and only lead to you having a c section.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2010