Just got informed Sex offender moved right next door. (update)part 2

He has his kid because he lives with the mother. I did check and double check my facts because I am aware that 19 yr olds who have sex with their gfs that are 16 and get reported by the parents have to report as well. That is a pet peave of mine. My state does not list that as 1st degree sexual assault on a child. 1st degree on a child in my state is restricted to a person over 19 sexually penetrating a child under the age of 12.
And no I am not running him off. I am not out posting fliers or harrasing him. I am informing the other parents that I talk to daily. Wouldn't you want to know if it was your next door neighbor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry you feel attacked by my response... I simply stated that the situation did not add up.

I still do not believe that it does. ANY situation in which a child would be living in a home with him, the child would be removed. Period. CPS does not fuck around with the safety of children living with known (registered) offenders. Period.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:57 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't see how he would have a child in the home either.... BUT if he does and he is there... then yes I would want to know. But then again I keep track of that myself also online.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am aware that 19 yr olds who have sex with their gfs that are 16 and get reported by the parents have to report as well. That is a pet peave of mine.

This should not be the way it is! It is not fair to the 18 year old or the people who come in contact with this "perpetrator" after he has registered. There should be another category for this type of thing. So that people know the difference!!!

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• actually to the person who said cps would take a child of a sex offender YOU ARE WRONG! a friend of mine is married to a registered sex offender and they have kids. and he was 19 having sex with a 16 yr old. just because you have to register doesnt mean you cant have kids of your own.
    definedclefts

Answer by definedclefts at 11:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• that is not always true my cousin unfortnatly is one of these predators. he lived with his girlfriend and her child. she found out her daughter was pregnant and guess who the dad was , him so now he is back in prison where he belongs.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• hell ya i would wanna know! good for you checking your facts to be sure he wasnt set up at 19 or whatever and now that you know he is the real deal... i would tell all the parents on the block .... they inform you to protect you - pass on that blessing - and i wouldnt want him living there i would not hesistate to tell him that - nothing wrong with hanging fliers either... is he passing out the fliers he is supposed to when he moves in??
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yeah at my old house we had to watch for this guy who was a know sex offender ... he was rich.. took in this trashy woman and her kid and would use the kid as an excuse to be at the neighborhood park. we would just call the cops.. so you might wanna tell the neighborhood playground ppl too so they can call the cops if he does the same.. i felt so bad for the kid who lived with him but there is nothing you can do about that...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010