Moms who had a baby AFTER a tubal ligation (tubes tied)...

How did you determine you were pregnant?

I'm paranoid because my cycle semi-started last night and the toilet paper was barely pink when I wiped and then this morning it has been rather light. My baby is only 5 months old so I'm freaking out.

I haven't been under any extra stress, no diet changes or anything else that would affect my cycle.

And usually when it starts it is like someone opened the flood gates and there is a tsunami in town.

Should I be worried? My periods have ALWAYS been heavy, not just after the babies were born (3 kids all together).

What should I do?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:57 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• depending on how close you are to the date of your normal cycle, just wait it out. If it doesn't come, wait a week and test.

1 in an average of 400 procedures fails. 60% (average) of those pregnancies resulting after a TL are ectopic. It may not show up on a HPT, in which case, if you experienced any pain/discomfort and did not have your usual AF you should be tested by your physician via blood test.

I had a MC last fall, and had a TL 3 years ago after the birth of my 3rd child... presently I am waiting to test because I experienced what can only be explained as implantation bleeding. All I can do right now is wait another week and hope for AF to rear her ugly head.

GL, I know how scary it is.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If it continue go to your doctor
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Thanks!

I have been bleeding today but it has been very light which was a sign of pregnancy with my other children. I had a miscarriage back in 2002 and don't ever want to have to experience that again. I REALLY hope that it is just a stupid silly cycle or something.... maybe like when it is a full moon or whatnot?
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Aug. 26, 2010