what makes a women cheat? why do you think men cheat

standupgurl

Asked by standupgurl at 4:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• I've been told women cheat because they are not being appreciated enough and men cheat because they are not being admired enough but if you ask me relationships are way to complex to anwser that question with one sentence
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i think that some women cheat because they are bored, some do it because they are being neglected some do it because they think they can and i think men do it for the same reasons sometimes people do it because they feel emotionally neglected there are many reasons i dont think there is one sole reason that men fall in to or one that men fall in to
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 4:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I am my hubby's 5th wife, his last 2 were cheaters and I know exactly why!. I am not the cheating type, I couldn't live with myself if I broke my vows and ripped apart my family just because I was selffish....Anyway!
    My husband is distant, emotionally unavailabe. When we go out he pays more attention to his surroundings then me. He isn't interested in being a family man. When we dated he painted a wonderful picture of how life would be after we married. After a few months I saw the colors fade and saw I was no more a person but a slave. I had to give up ME to be with HIM. His last wives cheated for companionship, to feel like a person, a woman again. My vows are sacred and unless he hits me I feel obligated to stay and be faithful.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree with everyone above. We all need to be loved, appreciated and respected. I think the reasons men or woman cheat, are basically the same. Whats different is the character of the person who cheats not necessarily their gender.

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think a lot of people cheat because they want validation that they are desirable and attractive to the public at large. It isn't enough that their partner finds them attractive.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• something is missing in their life

Answer by admckenzie at 4:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• well everyone is different and claims to have different reasons, no i myself don't belive in cheating, i belive if u feel like being with someone else then the one ur with u should leave what ever they r lacking for u to feel u wanna cheat, i do think people cheat for all kinds of reasons, no attention anymore at home and no excitment... maybe not feeling attractive or loved by there other.. the list could go on, then u have the women and men who cheat just because they r selfish want there cake and eat it to..
    heavensent1174

Answer by heavensent1174 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think that it's because of lack of commitment. Both men and women are too willing to have sex just for the pleasure of having sex and without any kind of long-term investment in the other person.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• selfishness & total lack of respect.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• At first I wasn't going to answer and now I will. Its because they want too and for no other reason.. People cheat, families are torn, etc. Its better to end the marriage or whatever than to cheat.IMO, there is no reason, except stupidity on the cheaters part.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2008