Leg cramps back to back this morning...

what do you do when you have leg cramp? or how do you prevent leg cramp from happening? It hurts like crazy. I'm curring 26 weeks.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• try eating more bananas, stuff with potassium or magnesium, might need to take supplements... i used to get them SOOO bad when i was pregnant too, definately one of the WORST things that happen while you're pregnant :( ((((HUGS))))
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Also try straighting out your leg (yes it hurts) and point your toes towards your face as much as you can, relieves the crapm faster. That is what the doctors told me in my first 2 pregnancies. And it helps alot!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yep i was told the same thing. In the morning I find the need to stretch my legs and I get bad cramps. The doctor said lack of vitamins and extra weight you are carrying is the culprit. For vitamins my doctor told me calcium, potassium and plenty of water. So yogurt, milk, cheese, banannas. Careful too much cheese and banannas can bind you up. You could always google what foods have a lot of calcium and potassium to get it from other sources. I know broccoli has calcium. Also do not stretch your toes out away from you. That actually can cause the cramps. Stretching them by pulling your toes towards you helps a lot. Good luck, I had cramps this morning as well!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You could also try stretching your legs a few times before going to bed aswell, see if that helps.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 11:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2010