Bathroom privacy or open to the public in your home?

I was raised with having bathroom privacy (ie closed/locked door, don't talk to someone until they are out and done with there business).

But I'm surprised how many people pee with doors open or share the bathroom while taking a shower or going pee or have conversations thru the door while doing their Number 2. lol

What about you?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 10:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, we close the door, and just out of curiousity, why is this a current event?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The only one who shuts and/or locks the door in our home is my husband when my daughter's awake. That's just so she won't walk in on him. Other than that, we're pretty open. Like the books says "everybody poops", why hide it?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Depends.. If I'm just peeing..then sometimes I'll leave the door open..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We have an open door policy in our bathroom! The kids follow us everywhere as it is but even before we had them DH and I both used the bathroom with the door open when it was just us at home. If we have company, we obviously shut the door. Our 3 year old is probably the most private out of all of us! If he's doing number 2 he likes to shut the door and be alone. Our 10 month old and our dog enjoy making their way into the bathroom while other people are in there. We use the bathroom if someone is in the shower. We're a very open family! Besides, we only have 1 bathroom so we all have to share :-)
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We have an open door policy. If we have company then we shut the door, but my DD thinks that she can go in with anybody to the bathroom.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The kids used to follow me everywhere and it used to be hard to insist on the privacy. Now that they are older I insist that we all have privacy while in the bathroom.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We are a privacy family. Even showers are pretty private. We brush teeth together, and hubs will leave the door open when shaving sometimes.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• When it's just my kids and DH here, I leave the door cracked. (I haven't had alone time in the bathroom in years!) If we have guests over we all shut the door.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am weird... private with hubby but my daughter can come in (mostly because I am home all the time with her)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Pooping is a private matter but I will talk thru a door. The rest, don't care.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2010