What is your favorite way to preserve fresh grown peppers?

I really don't care for peppers but everyone else in my family likes them in some form. Mark would like some stuffed peppers. I would also like to have peppers for cooking this winter. What is your favorite way to preserve peppers out of the garden?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I usually just clean mine out and put them in a plastic baggie or if you want to make stuffed peppers just make your stuffing the way you like them and stuff them and freeze them Simple. You can chop them up slice them, or what ever you want to do with them. I have never canned mine ever. I have made pepper jelly out of them
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I just freeze them. In order to can them, you need to mess with a pressure cooker instead of a water bath, and the pressure cooker scares me!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I freeze green peppers chopped and sliced for cooking with. I actually can sweet banana peppers after I have sliced them into rings.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• can them! First off, what kind of peppers are they? Hot or sweet? You can throw them in a jar with some vinegar (the hot ones) that will keep them. And the vinegar will take on the flavor of the pepper, so you can use the vinegar too. If they are sweet peppers, you can roast them, then can them in olive oil & they will last forever until you open them. Freezing peppers is not the best. If you are going to freeze them, cut them up first & make sure they are wicked dry before freezing them. With my jalapenos, i cook & can them in vinegar, spices & a bit of olive oil.Those will last forever too. there are lots of different ways to preserve your peppers.Google it, so many different ways to do it & so rewarding.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• pepper jelly :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010