How long can you keep peppers in the freezer and how do you go about freezing them?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You can put them in the freezer either blanched or not, depending on your preference, but you should always remove the core w/seeds & the stem before freezing. You can put them in zippie bags, plastic containers or freezer canning jars. The longest I've kept them in the freezer is 6 momths & they were fine when I used them.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I slice some and chop others and put them in snack sized zipper bags then throw all the little bags in a big freezer bag. This way I already have them measured out.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If they are vacuum sealed, about 6-8 months. Just cut them up like you normally would and freeze. I don't thaw them, just throw them into what I'm cooking.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• blanching them works best, I was told... but I've never actually done it.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I just take the guts out of them and then put them in bags and freeze them. You can cut them up if you'd like I kind of like cutting mine up when they are a bit frozen still
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010