8 Weeks pregnant and VERY DROWSY..what to do??

do you know why I feel so drowsy and tired?? I don't recall feeling this drowsy with my other two when I was pregnant. It feels weird, I don't want to do ANYTHING...the house has been messy for days, and my hubby Joaquin is getting frustrated with me. I think maybe it's because i'm low in iron?? I'm not too low, but they said just eat more things that have iron in it, if I was too low they would prescribe me some pills...the difference is with my other two, I had iron pills right from the beginning...so do u think that's why or is it something else?? man, it's killing me!

maderacaligirl

Asked by maderacaligirl at 4:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have your iron checked, you could be anemic. Also, would be a good idea to start taking vitamins regularly. I take Flintstones complete chewables!
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Instead of taking vitamins and pills for your iron you should try to cook healthy... eat lots of fruits and veggies and drink a lot of water and tea... Thats what helped me to feel a little better.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• SLEEP!!! My first pregnancy was wonderful I got to sleep when I wasn't at work. My husband took care of everything else, when I was too tired. No other pregnancy will be this relaxing.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• vitamin C helps your body absorb the iron you are eating - and besides you can demand iron!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• While checking your iron level, vitamin C and cooking healthy are something to try. Don't be surprised if you are like this for another four weeks. I know you have had children before, however, I have been pregnant twice (first ended in miscarriage) and I was in a slumber the first 12 weeks. I did do all that I mentioned above and even tried to work out more... nothing worked other than sleep. My SO took care of everything and was a sweetheart. It is not like we don't have a child to take care of. I have an autistic SS that is a handful and my SO took care of him the entire time.

Sorry, but it is normal and very common. Take care.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i am more tired with my 3rd than my other 2..but this time i Was diagnosed anemic..eat more iron and sleep if you can..that's what i did..im still trying to get my laundry caught back up. but since ive been on the pills, i am slowly getting less tired..im around 10-12 weeks.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008