Have you every sold anything on Ebay? What was it?

I recently sold college books from classes that I had taken last year. I have also sold other books and magazines, some name brand clothing that my kids grew out of but was still in great condition, some antique or collectible pieces and some old coins. It is a good way to earn some extra cash and can be fun also.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Just beware, NEVER ship out of the country and always include shipping insurance when you quote shipping prices. We had sold something and the buyer declined shipping insurance. Somehow it never made it and the Post Office ca't track things shipped out of the country until they arrive or something like that. Ebay and Paypal refunded the buyer their money and we were out like $60. It sucked. So now we always include shipping insurance and won't ship out of the country.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• most of the time it goes fine. About 1 in 10 leave ya hanging tho or give you grief, but 99% of the time its goes smoothly, esp if you have Paypal
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sold a laptop,and old Xbox, a Tamron camera lens...I think that's it. Oh , and a wii system.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:27 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have never sold anything, but my husband sold his truck on there. I sell more things on Craigslist than eBay.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I sold all my maternity clothes and a few other things. But nothing sold as well as the maternity clothes, and I got a little jaded by the shipping calculator always under estimating the price of shipping, of all the fees and of people not leaving feedback. Then the ones that do, sometimes the feedback doesn't make sense. I had one person rank me 1 star for item as described. I have no clue who that was because no one complained. I have sold now in nearly a year.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I pair of my jeans, I spend too much on some of my clothing and my girls just to take them to Goodwill so I resale them on Ebay :)
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010