How do i know if a sudden change in my sons speech is normal?

About a week and a half ago his speech literally change from no speech issues to stuttering all of the time and having problems getting his point accross.

Amante4Vida

Asked by Amante4Vida at 4:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If he had no issues a week ago he needs to see a Dr and the sooner the better. I don't want to scare you but it could be something benign, or it could be very serious.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• he may feel like there is pressure to get his point across faster than necessary - just try to get him to slow down..
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would take him to the Dr. just to be on the safe side, but it could be nothing... Good Luck...
    kensglenn

Answer by kensglenn at 4:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My son did the exact same thing a three. He was speaking just fine and then started stuttering all the time. I did a lot of research online about it. Basically, most of the sites said that many children, mostly boys, start to stutter around this age and not to be concerned about it unless it goes on for a very long time. My son did it for about 6 moths and then stopped. Now he is four and has no speech issues at all. Please just google stuttering in toddlers and you will find a ton of reliable sources.

vicki77433

Answer by vicki77433 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have heard people say that kids will stutter around that age because they are just learning how to get a point across and think faster than they can talk. See you Ped. but don't worry to much. My son went through that stage to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2008