i need help hopeful answer. i called docs office and havent heard back from them yet.what do i do?

yesterday i was out and about doing my usual errands and all of a sudden i had a strange pain just above but behind my right eye. i came home laid down for a few on my side for about 10 minutes and it went away. then at about 7pm i went to eat dinner,rite in the middle of dinner i literally lost over half my vision in my left eye. i left and headed home, by the time i got home i thought i was going to black out. i laid down on my right side and put pressure on my right eye and stayed that way for 20 minutes. my vision came back, but then later i kept having a burning pain on my right upper part of my stomach. i slept sitting almost up right in a recliner. any ideas?

ghugp

Asked by ghugp at 10:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Wow, that sounds scary! I don't know what to say! Keep us posted on what the doctor says? Good Luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Keep calling your doctor until you get answer.

bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 10:27 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I dunno, keep us posted.... I will say a prayer for you!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• how's your blood pressure?
    hope everything is okay!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would first think blood pressure,or even a mini stroke. You're pregnant, I'd go to the ER rather than wait on the phone personally.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think that you may have a tear in your retina. That sounds similar to what I just recently had with my eye. Do you see flashes like white lightening especially in the dark in that eye? It can be repaired but you should see an Opthamologist ASAP. If you are having flashes and dark spots in your eye today, you should see the Eye Dr. TODAY. Just call one and tell them your sympoms & they will take you immediately. Hope you feel better soon.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would call a neurologist.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i was also going to mention retinal detachment. my eye dr told me that if i suspect retinal detachment to call asap because it's a LOT easier to fix if you come in asap. (he told me that because i'm so nearsighted that i'm at a much higher risk than normal sighted people) the pain in the upper right could be gall bladder problems (which i've heard are somewhat common for pregnant women). GL!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• well i am off to er a soon as my hubby gets here. i will keep everyone posted. just keep praying all is well.
    ghugp

Comment by ghugp (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Do you have a bp cuff. Those are signs of possible preeclampsia. That is high bp when pregnant. You need a bp check at least. Don't let what I say worry you though. I cannot see you and it may be something else but still GET A BP CHECK
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010