does anyone elses baby get really fussy at night time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest did, until I connected the dots: when we were busy during the day (normal, every day life busy --not parties and concerts, just errands and visits and outings and visitors) and she had not had a chance to nap or rest between activities --even if she SEEMED fine-- she'd be overwhelmed by the end of the day (like 7ish) and scream for 3 hours.

I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to work that out...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes, mine does..its like she has a fussy spell at night, and one during the day. i try gas drops-the fussiness could be caused by gas.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My daughter did. She had colic. We switched her formula to a special formula for colic babies as advised by our peditrician and it was magical. Only problem is the nutramigen is crazy expensive.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My twins are very difficult at night. We've finally gotten them sleep at pretty much the same time. Next up is sleeping through the night!
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Daddy fixes it. He does a special swaddle and walks her up and down the stairs and she falls asleep. She won't do it for me. She just gets so tired that she can't relax.

I think the trick is to try to get them in bed before they feel overwhelmed.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• where does she sleep? try sleeping with her, or maybe she just hot or cold or teething?
    jess311

Answer by jess311 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My daughter had colic, from six to eleven every evening, from four weeks through three months.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i have a 6 week old. she is a very easy and happy baby!! BUT she still gets cranky in the evening no matter what. even if we stay home all day. even if she naps plenty. its just something that babies do in the evenings. my grandma and mom have always talked about it and i only half believed them. they were right! running around all day and over-stimulation DEFINITELY makes it worse though so we are very selective about what we do.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010