Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Can I Protect My Kids From Abuse and Parent Alienation Syndrome?

I am a financially struggling non-custodial mother, living in a one bedroom apartment. How can I convince a court system who is driven to make judgment calls based on the support they get from two major "father's rights" groups instead of the well being of the children, to get gain custody back of my children?

Thank you!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (1)
  • I have pondered your question for 2 days now.....I want to offer your some kind of advice, but I have seen too many mom' s in your situation lately. It seems the courts have flipped in recent years, used to they would automatically give the mother custody, now it seem they give the father custody more and more without even considering the best interest of the children. This system seems to be so overwhelmed they don't have time to consider each family individually, but that's what needs to be done. All I can say is pour all of your resources into the best attorney you can get and never never give up on your children. You did mention abuse, maybe you could try calling the Woman's Crisis Center, they are great for leading you in the right direction, and will have lots of great advice.

    Answer by robinann5 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.