Please not to over-react, but could you tell me how this is ...

Tell me if you reach into your heart, and in your own set of rules or obligations, or set of learned or applied standards what you think of this. When a man is head of household. . . . why do forms of networking in male business have to take a priority or statute of dominance in how the married couples' home is run. This is really saddening, and very out-dated. In my learning of what is the old fashioned accepted norm is in ones own household no outsider should take the lead. No bank, no commodity, no outside control. . . WHY then is it the banks power over you when in your own home. As it looks most people are already paying utilities, gas, elec.,phone,cable, sewer, water, garbage, and taxes. What is the banking doing to families by having homes be so high priced, when they are like over 100 yrs. old ! !! I can see some land costs, SOME!! I said. . But the newer homes material is all that should be cost. NOT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have no idea how a man being head of household would tie into the prices of homes at all. However, I do know that banks do not set the prices for real estate. And, I do know that no one can make you buy a home you feel is overpriced. So, the solution is, if you can't afford the house you want, work until you can. If not, then buy what you can afford.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• When you agree to a purchase price that is what you pay, it is the seller and the buyer that set the price not the bank. The bank lends you the money to purchase the house if you don't have that much money in the bank.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The bank doesn't set home prices, how competitive the market is sets prices, and of course the cost of materials AND labor for new homes. The bank only offers you a loan for the amount you ask for to purchase a home....just like using your credit card, the credit card doesn't set the price of the items you purchase at the store....shoes, clothing furniture.....the store does.....the bank that offers the credit card just offers you the loan, you choose whether to pay the price.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If you want a home for just the cost of materials, you build it yourself. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• What?!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• just having money over and over, after it's been paid, and lived in for a century, give some people a home for the love of God. And for seeing it's not all about profit of banks, banks shouldn't rule this earth. This is the problem with this whole idea of communism, capitalism, and profit sharing, and corporate mindset. The earth is for people to create and ENJOY> Yes work is work, and pay is pay, for the sake of having dire needs, and some other extra. But this isn't getting anyone anything, .... *********Actually it's what is making the already fired up, heartwrenching wars, and hatred, you that are so proud that you have 2 jobs, and your children are home, at the point of where they have no identity but they are catered to by this throw it all on the parents laps. IT's NOT WORKING ! ! ! ! ! ! Wake up everyone in AMERICA> DON't YOU SEE THIS?????????????????
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't understand HOW the man of the house can have any decision making powers over national institutions sch as banks and mortgage lenders,utility companies,etc. Where did you ever get this idea??? LOL. The price of a home is based on many factors.....not just what YOU want to pay for the home. Maybe you areNOT from the United States?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah... I'm with Memigen: what?

In England, banks offer 100 year mortgages --not only are you mortgaged for life, but your children will be, too... it's the only way to buy into the London market, where it costs a quarter of a million pounds (currently trading at about $1.50US) to buy a small one-bedroom apartment with a hot plate and bar fridge.

What has any of this got to do with male-dominance in a home? There isn't any of that in my home, btw, 'cause I noticed when I was a child that men like to swagger and act like they have a lot of power, but they're in awe of the female ability to create life. You only lack power to the extent that you hand it to others.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• So are you saying that everyone should get a house for free so long as they pay the uitlities and the other bills? That's what it sounds like to me. Banks don't control the prices of homes. They control the interest rate and the terms of your mortgage, that's it. Home prices are determined by the area where you live, the amount of land, the size of the home, how much other homes in the area have sold for and, most importantly, how much the buyer is willing to pay. Also, how could the bank be interfering in your home life? Did the bank force you to buy your home? No, you and your family bought it of your own free will.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I actually not sure what all of that has to do with each other. They are right that the bank only loans it, although the appraiser that works with them, and the people that decide this house is worth millions have say in the cost as well! So, you take a loan out, if you don't pay they take it away! As for the moron that says ppl that only work really hard for it. I am a single working family because my area is shit for work, and if I did work, I would have to pay my whole check in child care! We arn't hiring around here, and what we are aren't made for the female strength, some woman could do it, I can't! So, are you suggesting that my family doesn't work hard enough to own a home, and that we need to stay away from high classy neighbors as well? people from the streets couldn't do it because they have no job, and they like what they sell so they never make a profit, they're not the problem!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2010