It never becomes any less amusing, does it?

When a christian asks a pointed question, strictly pertaining to christianity, and then gets angry when they get HONEST responses... THEN isn't satisfied with the responses... THEN questions the validity of said honest opinions and belittles each and every one because they feel threatened. WHEN THEY ASKED THE QUESTION TO BEGIN WITH.

Life lesson... if you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question ;)

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:59 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Obby--Thank you! Thank you! What is sad and funny at the same time is the assumption that, because I am now an atheist witch, I can't possibly have an opinion on a christian topic. I can't POSSIBLY know anything about it. Funny how 30 years inside the church is suddenly negated just because I switched teams. Certainly, I may have an opinion on a certain subject that is considered to be "christian", and I have the right to post it. Heck, I'm the atheist evangelist. I HAVE to post it. Just like you christian evangelists think you have to post answers in pagan/non-believer's posts. If it isn't the answer you were looking for, then skip it (that's what we hell-bound, non-believing heathens do to your answers). I know that I can't compete with hotmama's spin-offs, but I accept the honor of at least a couple!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have found this not only with religion but with most areas of life. Most people are not ready for honest answers, they are looking for people to nod their heads and aimlessly agree.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well, that's every question, not just the ones pertaining to Christianity....
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Do you not see that your hate for Christianity is the EXACT thing you argue against? Christian hate "ruining" the world?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i find it quite amusing that it amuses you so. irony, they call it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• There is a difference between NOT believing in Christianity and hating it so much that it turns you into the SAME thing that you argue so violently against.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You are right. This happens all over the place---not just here ,discussing religion. If you only want the answer YOU are looking for,the one you agree with, just DON'T ask a question! :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The thing is NP, why does the questions have to be aimed towards "a" Christian? Why can't it be about "a" person?
    Are only Christians like that?

Why? Because it's another little jab at Christians, which is blatantly obvious. None of this applies to me, I just find it rude to call out those of a certain religion.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Whatever. Try not to lump all together, ok?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:04 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Honestly, I get sick of the stereotypes everyone on here puts on Christians. Not all Christians are like that, nor does every question asked by a Christian follow that pattern. I could say what you said about people from every religion. If it were said about a religion other than Christianity, everyone would have a hissy fit, but everyone has a free pass with Christianity, and I think that's pathetic.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:12 AM on Aug. 26, 2010