I HAVE A 12MTH OLD AND AM TRYING TO GET HER TO SLEEP IN HER BED. WHAT ARE SOME TIPS?

I'VE TRYED WHAT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING. I'VE PLACED A PILLOW THAT WAS MINE IN HER BED. I WASH THAT CHILD EVERY NIGHT WITH LAVENDER WASH. I'VE TRYED MUSIC. I HAVE GOTTEN TO THE POINT OF HER FALLING ASLEEP IN A CHAIR AND I CAN PUT HER IN HER OWN BED. SHE WAKES UP A MILLION TIMES DURRING THE NIGHT. I CAN PUT HER IN BED WITH ME AND SHE WON'T WAKE UP UNTIL I DO. BUT I DON'T WANT THAT. I WANT HER TO INDEPENDET. HELP!!!!!! ~AWAKE ALL NIGHT OVER A YEAR NOW.

BUSYMOMWNOCAPE

Asked by BUSYMOMWNOCAPE at 5:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Here's a bump, because I'm in the same boat!
    Doximama

Answer by Doximama at 5:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I had to let my daughter cry herself to sleep. It was the hardest thing I dad to do but, after a week, she got the hang of it. I don't know who cryed the most but we got through it.
    SemperFiMummy

Answer by SemperFiMummy at 5:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think supernanny does this on her tv show where you slowly move a chair you sit in farther away each night and then finally leave right after putting them to bed the 3rd night. There are several methods you can look up in Parents.com or Parenting.com. They really do work. We used the cry it out method with our two kids and they got it after about 2 weeks. It is a tough 2 weeks and you can't rescue them and you feel terrible but if you are tough enough for this method, it really does work.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Same problem I had with BOTH of my daughters. Then I started letting them fall asleep with me and then moving them to their own beds. (BTW I had to do this with both AT THE SAME TIME!) Now my oldest (3) will usually go into her own bed without a fuss, the little one (20 months) still needs me to fall asleep, but will sleep in her own bed all night (usually)
    sarah3-CO

Answer by sarah3-CO at 4:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2008