Ok ladies...I need some help!

i am now weighing 205 lbs..i have gave up drinking everything with caffeine in it (pop,coffee,tea) I do not eat chocolate or junk food on regular basis..i might have a bar maybe once a month!
I do not over eat..and i am not always munching, If i do get hungry, i usually will go for a banana or orange for a snack before meal time!
I do not stop during the day time, i have a 21 month old that keeps me on my toes and loves going for walks.
Why am i putting weight on instead of losing it?
Any tips would be great!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 11:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• www.cafemom.com/group/kimmysweightloss It's a group for moms to support each other and to get backing with their weight loss. Honestly for you 205 may be a lot, but if you look at the general public 205 is where some people would love to be! Are you stressed at home, do you maybe eat more than you realize, are you under eating, are you over tired? These are all questions I would ask you if you were in my group, and we would work it day by day to find out how you felt. I am a nutritionist student and would love to help if you let me.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't eat any processed foods, that keeps me from gaining weight.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Drink lots of water.. also have your thyroid checked.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Try drinking a glass of water before every meal you do eat.
    Get your Vitamin D level tested. I started taking Vit D and feel a whole lot better.
    Get your thyroid checked.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you might not be eating enough - you need to still make sure you are getting your 4 servings of vegetables in, make sure they are not too startchy - watch the sugars from even fruit - go for strawberries and grapes - but a serving at a time - make sure you are eating 2 servings of non fatty prepackaged burgers etc.. no pork in the beginning of weight loss - try turkey burgers ( not prepattied ) and chicken breasts -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Even really healthy food can lead to weight gain if the volume is more than you need. I don't know that you have, but usually for people in your position the problem is that they've dieted their way to a much slower metabolism (meaning they need less and less food to stay the same weight, so eating the same amount makes them gain.)

Weight lifting --heavy weights-- is your solution, here. You don't have to work out for hours and hours (that's for cardio, not strength/muscle gain), and you shouldn't work out two days in a row (at least not the same body part/exercise) and if you use heavy enough weight, it will take less than 25 minutes a day...

To start, you can use your body weight and your house --stairs, squats, lunges, wall pushups (until you can do them on the ground), overhead baby lifting, etc., even power yoga to begin... expect your strength to increase quickly. And continue to choose healthy foods.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• lol kinda seems like my question. i think maybe we need to pretend we dont have internet for the week or so and see how much more exercise we get just doing that?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It sounds like you are dedicated so that is great! If it is not your thyroid then there are a few more suggestions you can try. First of all getting rid of all sodas and teas is GREAT, but there is scientific proof that a cup of coffee before a work out (before you walk) will actually help give you a better work out. A cup of hot tea is proven to curb your appetite. It is the cream and sugar that is the big no no. So if you can drink yours black and limit to a cup or two a day it will help with your diet goals. Also limit your salt intake. Salt bloats you up. Drinking plenty of water helps with that. Your metabolism is what is playing the role here. Are you getting enough sleep; sleep can affect your metabolism? You need at least 7 to 8 hrs You said you stay active which is great. What will really help you burn calories is building your muscle. You can do 20 mintues of floor exercises that would help increase CONT
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• your muscle and then increase the number of calories you burn. Also take a look at your main meals. Increase your veggies and salad. Keep in mind adding thing like butter to your salt and butter to your veggies adds up. Adding items like bacon, cheese, crotons, most dressings can make your salad actually worst off. Adding items like avacado, olives, dried cranberries are a good choice to give you some sweetness, vinegrette dressings that use virgin olive oil. Alot of restaurants use vegetable oil in their vinagrette dressings to save money. And here the customers believe they are getting healthy dressings. (MY WORK USES VEGETABLE OIL in ALL of their dressings) Load up your salad with all the veggies you like. Cucumbers, tomato, sprouts, onions(green, red), celery for crunch, carrots etc...If you can get in 20 mintues of floor exercises 3 times a week you will see a difference. CONT..
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If you can try and get in 20 mintues of floor exercises 3 times a week you will see a difference. An example is... 8 to 10 lunges each leg, 8 to 10 squats, 8 to 10 calf raises for legs do those three times. Then do 15 -20 crunches, 15 - 20 crunches where you take your opposite knee to your opposite elbow, and 15 - 20 full sit ups. Try and do this 3 times. And for your arms. If you weights...Do 10 girl pushups to start 3 times. You can take a bottle of detergent and go over your head and lift up as high as you can go for tri arm muscles. 8- 10 times. This work out will help build your muscle. Your walks will be the cardio accpect of the work out. You can try and go longer and faster. Put weights around your ankles. The combination of both cardio and strength training is essential!! Along with making healthy eating choices! GOOD LUCK!! This is what I do after having my babies and it works!!!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010