what am i doing wrong with my wieght?

so i dont get too much exercise because i live out in the country and its really boring so you kind of have to make up your own exercise or make up your own things to do. im not the kind of person to ride 4-wheelers or snowmobiles....let alone step outside in the freezing cold snow. i like my house and staying in it unless we do something like shopping or something. i have lost 10 pounds in about 2 weeks but thats from stress, im over the stress now and i can now lose my last 10 pounds the healthy way, but the scale is stuck. i range from losing 1-2 pounds weekly but its the same 1-2 pounds like its yo-yoing.

i eat healthy, lettuce, ham, c heese and cucumber sandwiches. i dont eat till im plump full. i quit drinking diet soda (from my first 10 pounds lost), but drink maybe 2 cans a week. 2 days ago i jumped on the trampoline w/ my kids and gained a pound?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Diet soda usually contains quite a bit of salt. So you may be retaining water with that.

Try counting your calories for a week to get a better idea of what you're actually taking in. There are some things that are small and seem healthy that have a surprisingly high calorie content.

As far as exercise at home, you could look for a cardio exercise video or something.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Lots of water-get rid of the diet drinks. Artificial sweeteners are not good for you and actually make you crave sweets and consume more calories. Can you get a treadmill? You needs lots of fruits, veggies, lean protein and whole grains. Burning more calories vs consumption is how you lose weight. 1-2 lbs/week is a healthy loss.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i do drink lots of water already. i should get a treadmill, i kind of do have one already that i should use lol i do eat lots of fruits and veggies and also eat wheat breads. well i dont think i eat THAT much knowing i eat a sandwich for bfast and sometimes lunch. i could try to not eat too much of something haha
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I love the Access bars - they actually help you to burn stored fat when you exercise (this includes house work, walking the dog, playing with the kids - any type of activity) - they taste like candy bars - helps with my sweet tooth :) Good luck!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Eat what comes from the earth, produce and lean protein will keep you healthier and leaner. Stay away from processed food. You can't always go by what the scale says when trying to lose weight. Muscle weighs more then fat but takes up less space. I take a product that is 17 different fruits and veggies in a capsule to be sure I am getting my nurtional needs met every day. I've lost 19 lbs. Contact me if you'd like more info.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010