Pediatrics

Do you prefer solo practice or group?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have always gone to a group. It's nice to easily be able to see another doctor when our normal pediatrician isn't available.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Group cause if your doc is sick or on vacation your baby can be seen
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Group. I have had them all. The best 1 was a husband and wife team. The thing that's nice with a limited group practice is you can get to know a handful of doctors, so you're comfortable with whomever you need to see in an emergency. With a solo practitioner, you get referred to a stranger when your doctor is away-they do take vacations.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It's really hard to say... we go to a group practice but we are partial to my son's actual pediatrician.. We have tried to see others when he wasn't there but we just don't get the answers or peace of mind that we want. So it's nice that we have the option but honestly, if our son's doctor is off one day we always try and wait to see him when he returns (unless it's something extreme).
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 11:27 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I like a group practice. I particularly like my kids dr, but I am comfortable with all of the drs in the group. I also like that they have weekend hours, since kids always seem to get sick on fridays!

Answer by missanc at 11:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• group
    Mom2Giovanna

Answer by Mom2Giovanna at 12:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I prefer a family practioner
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• None of the above. We have a family doctor

Answer by rkoloms at 9:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010