I am 35 weeks pregnant 36 weeks tomorrow and my husband will be deploying this month, How can I get the baby to come out sooner without the doctors help?

jess0204

Asked by jess0204 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• walk or have sex but it is always best to wait for baby to be ready
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• baby will come when it is ready.
    human sperm is suppose to help soften and prepare the cervix so intercourse could help.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• if ur husband is getting ready to deploy isnt there a way he can use red cross to get him here for the baby, u just gotta say there is no one else around to help u and he will come home on emergancy leave for 1 week i think it is... and they will deploy him later or with another, platoon....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Talk to your doctor about doing anything first! I know from experience that having sex often towards the end of your pregnancy will thin the wall of the sac (where the baby is kept). So that when the baby kicks or moves its easier to break your water or have a leak. But you have to let the father ejaculate inside of you. Sorry to be graphic but thats what makes it thinner. But have sex easily and if it hurts dont do it. But you should always talk to your doc to make sure its ok for you to have sex and that the baby is ready to come out. Good luck hun
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 5:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Why would you WANT to have your baby early? That's horrible and I'm not sorry telling you that. I had my first at 31 weeks, he spend 6.5 weeks in the NICU. My second was born at 36 weeks and 3 days, she spend less than a day in the NICU. Your baby will come when it's ready, don't rush it. Enjoy these last few weeks because there are women who would love to carry a baby to term, I'm one of them.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree, why would you want your baby to come early. I understand that you want your husband to be there but when the baby is ready the baby will come. I am the mom of two preemies, and one full term baby...all of my babies had some time in the NICU (all for different reasons) The NICU is no fun, and there is a chance that you little one would have no NICU stay but there is the chance that they will.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• At 37 weeks you will be fine. I am guessing you already talked to your doctor and they aren't willing to induce early? Other than that, just the stuff listed above. You can also take red raspberry supplements or drink red raspberry tea.
    Anonymous

• Your baby will come when it's ready. I had a baby at 35 weeks and he spent 16 days in the nicu.
    blondie74

Answer by blondie74 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would not want my baby early no matter what. I had my son at 35 weeks due to pre e no nicu time, my hubby was deployed and its just something you should get used to. that is how the army is. my twins were 11 weeks early and he had to go back to work a few days later we lived an hour away from where I had them. they spent 6 and 7 weeks in the nicu. It is up to you but I would not chance it at all. I would love to be able to go as long as I could in a pregnancy.
    duedec10

Answer by duedec10 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You should wait until the baby is ready. I had my baby at 36 weeks and one day. She was underweight and had jaundice and had to spend 36 hours in the nursery under bili lights. If she had been full term, they would not have worried about her level of jaundice, but because she was so small, they were very worried and had to take a lot of precautions. She had to spend 2 extra days in the hospital, and they almost made us stay more because they were worried she was losing weight -- normal, but in a preemie they worry.
    Karen01060

Answer by Karen01060 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008