What do u do when your hubby seems to love his electronics more than you?

New phone he constantly plays with...many gizmos and gadgets in the man cave in the basement... laptop... HAM radio. When I talk to him about my day, he is usually off in another world and when I am done, he asks, so what do you wanna do for dinner or later? Not commenting on what I say. It makes me feel like he is not there in the convo.

silvergecko264

Asked by silvergecko264 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• well honestly i have left a relationship becausr of this probem. i dont know what to tell you. for me it got to the point where the kids and i wernt even really a part of his life and i couldnt do it anymore.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Hmm... I don't feel like we are a total outcast in his life, but when I get upset about it, he holds me and tells me I am the world to him...I can feel that through his touch and kiss...but why does it take me to get to this level to get him to tell me how he feels?
    silvergecko264

Comment by silvergecko264 (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well, try and get him away from the toys and talk to him then. Tell him how you feel ignored and how his childish need for toys and always playing with one makes you feel neglected. You have to talk to him when he is NOT got one of his gadgets in his hand or in front of him for this to be heard.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Tell him if he continues to pay more attention to his toys than you, you'll start paying more attention to YOUR toys than him. LMAO
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Honestly I am in a similar situation. He has his "man cave" which is just another room in this house. He pretty much stays there and when I need him he comes out. We have dinner together most nights and we talk. If I need to talk to him I go in and make sure that he is paying attention to the conversation. I wish you luck but I have learned to deal with it after almost 8 years.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Ahhh the power of "toys" haha....finding him without a toy in his hand is like finding the sky without a sun.
    silvergecko264

Comment by silvergecko264 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my husband gets spurts of this when he gets a new toy. i find that just giving him sex more works. he tends to have me more on his mind. after awhile he forgets the toys or they loose they luster. this may not work with everybody though.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Take all of the electronics away. Make him choose
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010