Anyone else tired of hearing about the MOSQUE?

Honestly American is the land of the free. We can practice our own religion without being treated unfair. Yet because there is going to be a Mosque people are against it, not only are they against it but they say they didn't loose anything on 9/11. How ignorant do people have to be? If it was an Catholic church or a LDS church it wouldn't be such a big deal.. ON 9/11 everyone lost something yet because they come from a certain background they are the ones to blame for everything. Again its not them its the extremist in the religion. Honestly if we start telling people that can't practice there religion we are no better then the people who prosacuted our ancsetors. As an American I support there location because we all came here to be free. Stop pointing the finger at people who weren't involved in what happen that sad day. Just get off your high horse and let them have their freedom like we have ours.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It's just stupidity and bigotry. No wonder so many people hate us we have so many whiners who try to control this land of the free to their standards. Every one views us as hypocrites because this.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• OMG... The first thing I'm tired of hearing is that it's a Mosque... IT'S NOT A MOSQUE!!!! I'm a community center similar to the YMCA, except it's for Muslims.

This whole issue has become a sore point for me and quite the rant which I will try not to get in to. But yes, frankly, I find it horridly disrespectful to our country and all that we stand for that it's even an issue... I don't understand the drama, nor will I ever... We are lucky enough to have Freedom of Religion & Freedom of Expression here - if we stand up against this Community Center solely on the point of the religious beliefs of those building it, we are no better than those terrorists which started all this... They wanted to limit our freedom, and that's exactly what many are trying to do!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm extremely tired of hearing about it. The other day on the news they had a text-in poll asking "Do you think they have the right to build the mosque?" I literally stopped loading the dishwasher and yelled "AAHHHH, of COURSE they have the right!"

I also tired of hearing the bazillion excuses people come up with to justify being against it. "I'm not a bigot, it has nothing to do with their religion. I just think it's dangerous and if we allow them to build it, we're just asking for another attack."

I'd laugh if it weren't so stupid.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• really tired of it
    let them build it or whatever and move on with life :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:57 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• im tired of hearing about how "wrong" it is. but im not tired of hearing about those who are standing up for their right to build whatever the crap they want on their land.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• So TIRED of it.

If we don't allow the rebuilding then the "Terrorists" have won. We're a country build on freedom and once that freedom is taken away the enemy (not Muslims but terrorists) wins.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i actually would like to hear more about how ground zero is coming along in having world trade center replaced and making the memorial that families want to see there. im tired of waiting for a building to be built.. when will it be built? that is what i keep asking.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I personally am tired of hearing about for the simple fact it's not a mosque but a community center with prayer space.Also people are always talking about people who died in the buildings muslims also died there people who were just going to work . Just going in to clock in do their eight hours and wanting to clock out. In the end it's a building not a mosque it's two,three blocks away and no one can see it unless they walk to it...Also it's on a street that is dead. It's not hallowed ground because no one died there the engine from the plane landed there but no one died there
    sierra_617

Answer by sierra_617 at 4:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'm tired of hearing about it. They own the land and have every right to build there whether the people like ot or not. If this was a church or a synagogue or a hindu or buddhist temple it wouldn't be an issue but people are so deluded into thinking that all muslims are evil and trying to take over the US that they let stupidity and hatred cloud their judgement. If Muslims are theoretically prone to being terrorists then denying them a place of worship would only make them more likely to lash out and terrorize wouldn't it? Muslims died in the 9-11 attacks too. Muslims have been here since the beginning so why is it that we are all being treated as if we are evil for the actions of a few idiots?
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 12:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• bump

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2010