Has your pregnancy weight come to a stand still?

37 weeks pregnant today (YES!)
I'm not complaining about this one bit but...I have gained only 1 pound in the past 6 weeks.
My belly is growing.Baby seems to be doing well in there..well..he definitley feels BIGGER! LOL
Its just that in my past pregnancies I've always continued to gain some weight throughout. So its kinda weird that I'm not now.
Is this something normal for others?
Maybe I;ve reached a point that I'm losing weight but the baby is gaining weight and its just evening itself out?
I know I've been eating smaller portions of food...theres no more room in there! LOL

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was worried about my weight gain with this pregnancy (granted I'm only 30 weeks) but my doctor said that as long as the baby is growing that's all that matters. (I keep fluctuating between 5 pounds of my pregnancy weight lol) My doctor told me she had one woman who was 5'8 and 160lbs and only gained 7 lbs her whole pregnancy and had an 8 lb baby lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It's not uncommon for you stop gaining weight, or even lose a lb or two in the last couple of weeks before labor. I was 130 lbs when I got pregnant, only gained 12 lbs total and had a 7 lb 12 oz baby.

Answer by missanc at 11:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm 28 weeks with my 2nd and I've gained a total of 4 lbs. And those 4 lbs were gained between wks 12-20 lol, so my weight is at a standstill. I wasn't real overweight when I got pregnant but I could have afforded to lose a good 15 lbs before I got pregnant and my doctor says I've lost probably about 12 total and the baby is still growing and developing right on track. I've completely changed my eating & exercise habits since I found out I was preggo and it's been a really good thing for both me and baby! I'm excited that it won't be as hard to lose the baby weight after baby is born this time around =)
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 12:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Mentioned it at your next doctor's appointment, but if your doctor isn't concerned then you shouldn't be either. I measured small my entire pregnancy and ended up giving birth to a baby that was nearly 8 lbs.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010