Don't you believe anything is possible?

I do. When waitresses are paid their proper living wage to have the way to cope with living and rent, bills, car payment, to start out with, then the service will ensue right directly behind it. Behavior follows treatment. ( Waitress is behaving right because she is paid well.) Not pay follows service.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 11:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• What a cogent and intelligent argument.

What is your point?

Where I live, waitresses are paid minimum wage at least (no one, not even taxi drivers, are allowed to be paid less, even if their commissions end up lower --and insurance salesfolk and realtors are independent business owners, not under the laws of employment)... because slavery is actually illegal in some countries.

In Australia and New Zealand, wait staff is paid very well and no one tips anyone, ever.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Who do you know that can do more than just survive on a minimum wage. If a person works for gas, and food, that's fine, but try to pay rent, and not need to work at least 15 + hr. per day. And stand on your feet, and put up with picky miserable people, please tell me, you would do that and be content FULLY CONTENT
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Actually, it's work then pay. First you have to earn it, then you will be rewarded.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• In Canada there isn't a lower minimum wage for Waitresses as their is here in the States, when you figure in the tips on top of the hourly wage wait staff can make a very good wage.

If you are unhappy in your current situation you can look into going back to school. Their are a lot of grants to help people get a degree.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:39 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• THis is why I work only for myself...this way I determine my salary and how often. I would never punch in a clock again to make someone else wealthy...Not worth it
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Right on Happymom2-2, I do the same thing, my life, my money, my way
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Unfortunately, one person can't change the system. If you're upset with your pay, then it's time to find a new job.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Amen! I LOVE making my own hours and working for myself!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 10:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2010