Early Rising Driving Me Bonkers

I can't get him to sleep in past 5:30 or 6:00 and I just am not a happy mom at that time. I have tried putting him down at 8:30 and he still wakes up early so goes down at 7:30 so he is more pleasant in the morning even though I am not. HA! I would be happy with just 7:30. I can not accept this I have tried for 2 months and I am just angry and grumpy. We also share a room all together with my toddler but in separate beds. We are 2 months out of the new addition where we will have our own space. Any ideas?

aktracyann2

Asked by aktracyann2 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• close ur door at night so he cant get out and when he wakes up if he is wet change him then just lay there and pretend u are sleeping eventually he will lay in bed with u or go back to his bed, or just play quietly, try putting him to bed later at night i useally put my son to bed about 8-830.. and he will sleep for 11 hrs... and he gets a hr nap in the day if he wants to nap... the latest he stayed up was 10 30 cause we were up watching movies and he got tired enough he just went to bed by himself and slept all night!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Room darkening blinds helped us a bit - not too expensive either. Good luck
    mom2lukethomas

Answer by mom2lukethomas at 7:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You may have to wait until he is out of your room.
    If he is in a crib - LEAVE HIM THERE.
    Then, get a small desk lamp and put it on a timer. Set the timer for his normal wakeup time. Do not go to him until the lamp comes on. Once he understands that you will not come until the light comes on, move the time back 15 mintues. Give him several days to become adjusted to the new wakeup time, then move the timer again.
    I use a fish tank light and my daughter quickly learned that I wouldn't come in until "fishy morning".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008