If a black box in not damaged in case of an aircraft crash then why isn’t the entire aircraft made of that material?

stewieswife

Asked by stewieswife at 11:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Damn good question :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It may not be the proper material that can be use to create an air craft to fly. The box sits in the plane. It may be to heavy material.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Haha... I actually know the answer to this. It's because the metal that the box is made of is too dense to fly.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• the plane would be too heavy to fly plus the basic shape of the plane and the fact that it is hollow would make it still break anyways.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Really ! It might be possible that it's just to ...........wait, wait, uuuummm SCREW OVER THE CUSTOMER>>>>>>>AGAIN!!!

Probably for profit, due to the price of the material and the wages they DON"T' PAY THE STEWARDESSES< , NA NA NA lalallala
    hmmmm, I suppose CAPITALISM

GOOD Q.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well..thats a great question.. maybe you should build aircrafts from now on.. cuz the idiots doin it just aren't that smart! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• wow... coffee... lay of the, um... coffee.

It is not suitable material with which to produce a viable craft. The box is also noted for its structure, not simply the material from which it is made.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I dont think its so much what the "Black Box" is made of...I think its because of where it is located on the aircraft. It's probably very protected as well.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think the plane would be too heavy to fly then.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 2:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010