Eczema on Eyelids

I'm pretty sure I have eczema on my eyelids. They are extremely itchy, red and become flaky. I'm taking antihistamines and they help control the itching, but I can't get rid of this completely. I'm trying to cut out caffeine and increase my water intake. i don't want to use any steroid creams unless absolutely necessary. It's becoming quite a problem. Any suggestions/advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Health

• Talk to your Dr and see if it is safe to use Hydrocortisone cream around your eyes. I have eczema, and my Dr. has said that if it pops up on my face just to use the OTC hydrocortisone cream.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would echo mommy11260, I used hydrocortizone cream for the same thing
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 11:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• There could be something you put on your eyelids that caused it - makeup, makeup remover, lotion, ect. I'm even allergic to RX eczema meds and they give me eczema. One of the things I'm allergic to is propylene glycol and it's in everything. My 23 mo grandson has eczema head to toe. Avoid getting hot. You could use cool water compresses. Don't use anything on your eyelids and don't wear makeup. Eczema comes and goes and if you are lucky it may go quickly. You may have problems with your eyelids off and on forever.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had that happen to me my SR year in HS! I looked like a frog right before prom! I used Elidel! It worked wonders...the eczema was gone in about 2 weeks.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had this! It was terrible. I didn't know what it was. I tried cortisone cream, it didn't help. Finally I went to the doctor.He prescribed Ellidel cream and it was gone in a few days. I couldn't believe I waited so long to see him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have had wonderful success with Renew lotion for eczema - its all natural - just be careful not to get it into your eyes:)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• call doc
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Elidel is carcinogenic, don't use it!!!

Eliminate dairy and put coconut oil on your lids

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010