Anyone else feel like Cafe Moms are some of the most judgemental out there?

I have to say, this site has helped me a lot as a first-time mom preparing for her child, but I am totally put-off by the judgemental responses of so many users. Anytime the issue of abortion, voting, politics, or anything political whatsoever comes up, users rush to make their judgements on other moms and chastise them for their immoral ways. (I've noticed many of these are highly religious, Conservatives, but that may be a moot point). I have never come across so many perfect, all knowing people in my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I really don't believe that it is just this site. I believe that it is the entire internet that has this problem and it is because you are not discussing in person and people have more of a backbone when typing on a keyboard.

Think of it this way... people are actually saying what they really think.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree, it isn't just CafeMom. I mean, check out Craigslist, there is much more bashing there! It's just people expressing their opinions.
    Cyndidd

Answer by Cyndidd at 5:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think your 'world' may be very small and protected. It is everywhere.
    Anonymous

• Yes I have noticed it a lot. I have posted questions where I'm asking for advice from other moms and I will get these rude responses back. I don't understand how other moms can judge me when they don't even know my situation. It's not like they were always perfect mothers!
    Amandacintron

Answer by Amandacintron at 6:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i think because some people ask the dumbest things on here.
    Like my husbands beating me! HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO!
    The answer is only obvious! get the fuck out. lol
    and some people ask for it too.
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 6:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Of course they are judgmental. It's easy to hide behind a computer. They probably are sheep in real life. Don't let them bother you. There are plenty of rockin' Mama's on this site!!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Don't forget those who preach not to judge are the most judgmental of all!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• you know it kinda brings the worst out in some people. i can admit this myself. at first when i got on here i was level headed and tried to be real nice but day by day i notice that i have gotten irritated by peoples excuses to leave their husbands or that they don't like their kids, resent their kids and girls asking why my man won't marry me or why did he cheat...etc ...etc. i just kinda gotten rotten about it cause they are just stupid reasons and no one seems to appreciate their men, bash their men or hate their SO's kids through no fault of their own and sometimes i think that they need someone to tell them like it is rather then telling them what they want to hear or excusing their behavior. i need to work on how to control myself. i wouldn't say i'm judgmental but someone who is brutally honest and since it hurts someone it's called judgmental.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Go to babygaga.com! That site is so much worse. This site is nice and sweet compared to what I have seen on that site!
    KortanasMommy

Answer by KortanasMommy at 7:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have noticed but I think for the most part the moms here are well meaning. You do get the occasional shit starter though.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2008