Why does he do this?

My husband is always watching our 16 y/o at baseball practice. I don't have a problem with supporting our son What I have a problem with is that he meets Dalton after school to drop off his equipment and I am sitting at home waiting for him to get back. He stays for the entire practice (about 3 - 4 hours). He does not tell me he plans to stay for the whole thing. Our son is 16 not 6 he doesn't need someone to sit there. I guess I just needed to vent.

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 5:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• That 16 year old is lucky, let me tell you. Not many parentshave that type of interest and that young man is going to be a great young man.You should go to his practices also if for no other reason than he is your son. He may be 16 and he does need someone to sit there and be there for him. He will always remember and hopefully and I think they will be of good memories.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I don't know what to tell you...we have the opposite problem. My husband won't go to practice or games..and it's killing my son. I mean literally killing his spirit.
    Anonymous

• He probably enjoys it, like a hobby. No offense, but wouldn't you rather your husband is doing that than off at a strip club or something. He's probably just proud of your kid and likes watching him do his thing.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like guy bonding time. He needs it, your son appreciates it and will remember it. Hopefully do the same with his own kids someday. Maybe you just needs some time with your hubby too.

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• sounds like he just enjoys being there. why dont you tell him that mabey once in a while instead of him staying you to go out?
    marykaysauer

Answer by marykaysauer at 5:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Ask him!! You may be very surprised at his answer.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Maybe he realizes the time is almost over of his precious son being still a little bit a boy. He's growing up so quickly...he wants to hang onto it. Nothing wrong with that. He loves his son.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think that it is great that he wants to spend the time at practice with your son, he is growing up so fast, at least you know where he is :)
    Sunshyne78

Answer by Sunshyne78 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i say if he is there with the boy no matter the age that is the best place for him to be. you can have him all to yourself when you two are old and alone. the boy needs his support and love all throughout his life more then you need it. i think you husband is the better parent here. you should be there too if possible and stop nagging about it. in fact at that age is when he needs his dad the most. when they are younger they need their mom but when they are growing into men they need their dad. i'm sorry if i said this rudely but please post something to really vent about. some people have it so good and they take it for granted. count your blessings.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• He wants to show support for your son and have quality time with him. I think you should commend him for that. Is there a reason why you can't go and be a part of it?

Answer by admckenzie at 7:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008