I'm exclusively breastfeeding and my son's poop is yellowish green with seeds. Does this mean he's not getting enough milk?

His poop was always yellow with seeds but since this weekend I see a hint of green in his poop. Should I be worried? Anything I can do or am I just worried for nothing?

NuMommy87

Asked by NuMommy87 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Very normal. The seeds are just clumps of dried poo. The babies body removes water from the breast milk making some of it hard. It changes color all the time and is nothing to worry about. If he seems to have a hard time passing the little "seeds" you may need to drink more water. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it at all.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 1:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It's normal. My daughter did this to me too and I was very scared, but it's completely normal. If you don't feel right about it though take him to the doctor.
    higmommy

Answer by higmommy at 12:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I agree, but it could also be from something that you ate. I'd check on that as well!
    LaniGirl72

Answer by LaniGirl72 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• oh that happens sometimes. it changes color all the time. it was prob something you ate.
    bluetopia6

Answer by bluetopia6 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• That's completely normal. Before I introduced solids at 6 months my daughters stools were always like that.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• totally normal! my daughter's poop was anywhere from medium green, to light green, to mustard yellow to bright yellow, just depended on the day and probably what i ate too. lol :)
    mommyofone123

Answer by mommyofone123 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• totally normal!
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• You will see a rainbow of colors before its said and done... be not afraid. LOL
    Anonymous

• Completely normal. My daughter was still like that even after I switched to formula for about a week. His digestive tract is growing and it will continue to process things differently until it is fully mature.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Totally normal!!! Breastfed babies poop is usually yellowish with that "seedy" appearance. Those "seeds" are milk curd!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2008