Is it just me, or does it seem like people are giving up on each other? Marriages, friendships, family ect...

JenNAY3

Asked by JenNAY3 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• We are living in a time when almost everything is about "Me." It seems whatever infringes on "My" whatever--feelings, time, money, energy, space--has to go.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• it does. i notice a lot of answers on here to women that are having problems is to leave. what happened to being together threw thick and thin. yes some times its best to leave but if it can be worked out make a goal to stay together. family is the most important part of your life.
    marykaysauer

Answer by marykaysauer at 5:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree my husband and I have been through so much in the little time when have been married and yet through it all (and I mean IT ALL!!!) we have saved our marriage and continued strong. We are one of the few who still believe marriage is sacred and we made a strong commitment to God.
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 5:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i have notice it too, witch i know we have been threw the good and bad and we both agreed that we did thing wrong but we are still strong on are 12 yrs so far...
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 6:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• it seems to be the trend. a very bad trend if you ask me. me an dhubby hav ebeing through sooooooooo much and yet our marriage has survive it all and it is stronger than ever. 17 yrs. next month. it seems these days most people take the easy way out.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 6:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• And thats why im not married.:]
    lol
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 6:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes, people are giving up on each other. We have become a society of instant gratification. If "it" doesn't happen in a very short period of time people give up. Sad, very sad.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yeah i hate it when i read someone whining about how upset they are about how their relationship is. i feel bad though cause i got carried away with a poster that mentioned leaving cause they fight a lot lately. so what! everyone from time to time gets angry and argue but it's nothing to give up on. please i would always uphold the sanctity of my marriage to the fullest and never give up on our love. i love him and he me. that is not easy to find and should never be let go. especially when kids are involved. hell i have been through hell and back and i will go through hell again to try to save my marriage even if i wasn't able to succeed in my first marriage but sure as hell tried. so i say try everything you can and work it out but of course it takes two.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Its not just you. I know this is going to sound bad, but I think it is all the therapy people are so focused on... here comes the bashing. Using this website has just intensified my feelings on people giving up. It is so easy for others to judge and give "advice" when they aren't in the situation... but that doesn't stop anyone from just yelling divorce at the drop of a hat.... I feel ya girl.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It does seem like that. A lot of people want things to be perfect and happy, or perfectly happy, all of the time. Truth is, life isn't always that way. We all know that. Sometimes some of us just do not care to believe that. On the other hand, sometimes people need to go. I am no longer friends with several people I used to be friends with. Why? They treat me badly and tell me that I am not being the person I used to be and I need to stay true to myself and blah. I am not the same person I was, I am a mother now and discovering who I am. :-)
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 7:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008