Taking a child to a pool that was sick last night

My daughter has been asking me to take her to the pool today becuase it's getting hot. It's going to be almost 100 where I live. Last night she was throwing up and had bad diapers. This morning she just had a slight fever and one bad diaper other then that she's been herself and the fever hasn't came back. It's been 12 hours since she last threw up.
Should I take her to the pool?(it's a public) I'm thinking it's not such a good idea but we never had to deal with this heat till the past month and it's the first time we've had access to a pool.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it's a public pool I wouldn't take her yet. I'd wait til she's been symptom free for 24 hours.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't take her. There will probably be infants there.. possibly newborns. If you had your healthy 1 month old at the pool would you want someone to bring a sick child? If it's really bad and you don't have AC you could always have a fun cool bath!
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 12:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not a good idea... can you do a sprinkler at home instead??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• save yourself! Last year on the 4th of July weekend...my son (with a pool diaper on) had a runny poop and closed the pool for the entire weekend for everybody. IT was to this day..the most embarrassing thing ever....EVER~

and if she is at all dehydrated, keep her out of the sun and heat~bath play?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No. I wouldn't I would just keep her at home for the next couple of days.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010