There must be white parents on this site because black parents deal with punishment totally different,timeouts and taking stuff away is not an option especially when I was a kid and I turned out fine so if anybody needs help it's y'all that think that corporal punishment is wrong so do't respond to me if you don't agree feel me?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 12:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• WOW! Racial comment much?!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• LOL..wow, judgmental much? I am white and my mom is white. She beat me and whooped me from an early age. So, that blows your little theory out of the water. Not to mention..I know plenty black families that do time-out and taking away toys. Now what?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i'm black and i do time out. it's not a race thing.... it's a choice of how you want to dicipline your kid.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• White people spank sometimes too. And not all black people do spank. I think you're confused
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sounds like you're a little pissy that you were called out for beating your 5 year old with a belt. Really, you didn't see that coming? It's not a color thing, it's a parent thing. And saying you turned out fine, yet are beating your kid with a belt. Contradicted yourself there. If you don't want different answers or comments, then you should really keep your thoughts to yourself.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That was illogical. I spank and time-out... I'm white. My parents always spanked. From what I know from at least 3 black friends that I have, they don't spank
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Violence, corporal punishment, against children is wrong no matter what culture you are from. People don't get to make the excuse that I hit my kid because I'm black and I was smacked around and I turned out fine. You didn't turn out fine, you are hitting a helpless child.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Gross generalization. Discipline methods should depend on the child you're dealing with, not the skin tone.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 12:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah, I gotta agree with Kiwismommy. It doesn't matter what race you are; hitting your kid with a belt is NOT acceptable. By the way, I'm 100% white girl, and I got spanked (my parents are white, as are their parents.... get what I'm saying?).
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Hahaha, this is because you used a belt to "spank". LOL Belt beating is not the same as spanking to discipline. You are beating. I spank, meaning using my hand.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010