How do you make time for yourself and not feel guilty???

I knew how to make time for myself and my husband when I had only one baby in the house. Now we have a toddler and a newborn so I don't know how to keep a balance. If for some reason I do manage to get a little me time I feel so guilty. How do you make time for yourself and not feel guilty???

VictoriaYearout

Asked by VictoriaYearout at 12:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• idk, i never even remotely feel guilty. if the kids are asleep or my hubby is watching them then i see no reason to have some me time. i would feel guilty if i was neglecting them, but i don't think that's the case right? i go to get my hair done or my toes and then i come back home..... that's that lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Most of my 'me' time is at night when everyone is sleeping. The house is quiet, and it gives me a chance to unwind, watch tv, read, have an uninterrupted bubble bath, scrapbook or get some housework done. My kids are 14, 12 and 4, so if I need a few minutes to myself during the day my older ones are able to keep an eye on the little one for me.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You just get over it. It keeps you sane. Guilt is like a ton of bricks, all you have to do is put it down.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• All my baibeies re older so I can go take abuble bath and be ok for about 30 mintues I haveto r will go nuts
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 1:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Remember that you're [Insert name Here] and not just "Mom". That you need time to collect yourself, find peace, and do things that you find fun outside of being a mom. It's important to do those things. Feeling guilty is silly, because those kids don't need you every second of the day. The especially can wait a few minutes for you to take a breather. If I need a break I take it. There's no way that I'm sacraficing myself 100% of the time, because if I do that then I eventually will have a meltdown. And nobody wants that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I never feel guilty. In our home, we feel that everyone has a right & responsibility to maintain a healthy emotional lifestyle. We all take some time for ourselves. It makes us refocus & re-prioitize. It makes us do a "check up" & remember what is important. We come back recharged & rejuvenated. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010