Are you a Told You SO type of person

I really hate being like that and I even try heard not to say it (mostly to dh) But I hate when he won't listen to me and always thinks he is right and I dont know what the hell i'm talking about dang give me some credit. And this could range from anything.

Sky_Mom

Asked by Sky_Mom at 12:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband is a 'learn from his mistakes' kinda guy. I will tell him beforehand what's going to go wrong and how things are going to go bad etc but he'll do them anyways. Then he comes crawling to me and I can't help but saying "I told you so!". He says he knows but just needs to screw up for himself. It's extremely frustrating.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes, my husband treats me like i'm a dumbass eventhough i have a degree and plenty of common sense. someone on tv could say the same exact thing i said just 2 seconds ago, but i don't know what i'm talking about and they're just a genius. it's really irritating and disrespectful imo.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have the same husband qualities as Princessbeth.. so irritating..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• when it comes to serious matters I think it, but I don't say it. I feel like my DH already feels bad for making the mistake that I told him not to make and he doesn't need that extra sting. I think in these situations, saying something like "i told you so" is really a deeper matter meaning "I don't feel like you appreciate me". Am I wrong?
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No, I'm the "Smart enough to marry a real adult" kind of person.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• oh yes let someone else say. now it must be true. and yeah i feel like he does not appreciate my opinion. i tell him all the time i'm not going to push something if i dont know what i'm talking about. and i'm quick to say I dont know. I'm not sure.
    Sky_Mom

Comment by Sky_Mom (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• fyi I think everyone here married a real adult.
    Sky_Mom

Comment by Sky_Mom (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• meant to say hard not to say i told you so sorry.
    Sky_Mom

Comment by Sky_Mom (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• A person who "has to be right" all the time isn't a real adult, he's a childish, immature person who is basically insecure.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i have told my husband a time or two "you think by now you'd listen to me and do what i tell you" he's just hasn't lived as long as me and was babied. so i end up taking care or fixing the problem.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010